The Australian Corner
Australian Naval Ensign,
flown by all ships of the Royal Australian Navy since 1967
The three Royal Australian Navy ADAMS Class ships
The Bridge of the HMAS Brisbane has been re-created using a display at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra. Use this link to see information about this display. In addition, we have recently received this photo:
This is a view of the Australia War Museum in Canberra Australia, showing the Bridge and Gun Mount 51 from the HMAS Brisbane (DDG-41). The Brisbane was one of three ADAMS Class ships built for the Royal Australian Navy. The Bridge and Gun Mount were removed from Brisbane before she was sunk just off the coast; she is now a favorite dive spot.
ADAMS Class Museum
Richard can be contacted in Australia at 0409528289, his mobile phone.
The International number is 61409528289.
Click here to read Richard’s biography
Display Donations to the ADAMS Class Museum Visitor Center
Richard Marek (our ADAMS Class Museum Australian Liaison) and his brother John have recently donated the following items to be displayed at the ADAMS Class Museum Visitor Center:
- A copy of Jane’s Fighting Ships, dated 1967-1968
- Two (2) photographs of HMAS PERTH
- HMAS BRISBANE Cruise Book, dated 1981
- HMAS PERTH chocolate tin
- A copy of the book, “Australian Navy in Viet Nam”
- Decommissioning Book, HMAS PERTH (Blue)
- Decommissioning Book, HMAS BRISBANE (Blue)
- Decommissioning Book, HMAS HOBART
- HMAS HOBART Plaque (Badge No 25) (Blue)
- Australian Navy Flag Pin
- Australian Naval Book
- Australian Navy 75th Anniversary Book
- Three First Day Covers
- Royal Australian Navy Book
- A USS NEBRASKA Warship postcard (1915)
- Australian Navy Hats w/Ribbons from the following ships: HMAS PERTH, HOBART, BRISBANE
- Ships plaques from the following ships:HMAS PERTH, HOBART, BRISBANE
- Two ship model kits (1/700 scale) representing HMAS Perth, and all three ships
- Indian Ocean Cruise Book 1973 HMAS PERTH
- Australian Navy Today Booklet
Thanks so much to our Australian shipmates for letting us display these items!
Contact the JHNSA’s ADAMS Class Museum Visitor Center via email if you have items you would like to donate or loan to the ADAMS Class Museum.
Australian Naval Ensign currently hanging in the ADAMS Class Museum Visitor Center